“The coronavirus crisis took us all by surprise – God took us by surprise!”
Message of ENC President Johannes Fichtenbauer to the communites.
“The corona crisis is a challenge to everyone – It hits everybody, the poor and the rich alike. The consequences may hit the poor more than the rich. Nothing important will be untouched by the results of this crisis – Everything will be different after it’s over. Our prayer should be that God has reached his goals with this crisis and that we may have learned the right lessons from it.”
Outline of the video message by Johannes Fichtenbauer, 25th of March, 2020
The coronavirus crisis took us all by surprise – God took us by surprise!
However, some prophets had some words of revelation that such a challenging pandemic may come, but this was rather vague. Now we see a lot of confusion, fake news prophecy and misinterpretation. This should not make us nervous, we shouldn’t get impatient. It´s much too early for a final judgment.
It´s a challenge to everyone – It hits everybody, the poor and the rich alike. The consequences may hit the poor more than the rich. But even the rich, the mighty, the upper-class people cannot escape and their fears are just the same.
Nothing important will be untouched by the results of this crisis – Everything will be different after it’s over. Our prayer should be that God has reached his goals with this crisis and that we may have learned the right lessons from it.
Let us be examples to everybody and witnesses to the Gospel
- Let us be good citizens – cooperating with the government
- Let us be men & women not driven by fear, but full of confidence in God´s provision and protection
- Let us be loving neighbors, reliable friends, trustworthy partners – also to those around us who are not believers –
- always ready to help, wherever our support is needed.
- And whenever we are asked about our peace and confidence,then let´s explain our faith to those who ask
Pray – pray – pray
- March 25th – 27th are 3 days of ongoing fasting and prayer. And we believe in the power of prayer
- But there is a need for constant prayer even after these 3 days are over. Let us not stop.
- The long list of prayer requests (see the letter sent out 2 days ago) may grow as we will be entrusted with adeeper revelation. The more revelation we receive the more prayer requests we will have.
- As time goes on we will better understand why God allowed this crisis to happen.
A prophetess, a friend of mine, yesterday opened my eyes to a passage in 1 Petr. 4, 7 – 13 which I want to share in closing.
7 The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. 8 Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9 Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10 Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11 If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.